When you’ve suffered an injury because of someone’s negligence, you have the right to fight back. Personal injury statutes in California allow victims to file lawsuits for up to two years after sustaining an injury. The exception is when the responsible party is a government agency in which case the time frame is six months.
Hiring an Attorney With Experience
Anyone who has suffered at the hands of another needs an attorney who has experience handing personal injury cases. Rickard and Coates, attorneys at Habbas & Associates, have more than 50 years combined experience handling personal injury cases. Their commitment to helping injured victims is well known in the Rocklin California area. These attorneys have the experience necessary to fight for the rights of victims and hold those responsible for injuries accountable.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
We all understand that accidents can happen; that’s just a fact of life. However, if you’re involved in a motor vehicle accident with a distracted or drunk driver, chances are the accident could have been avoided. Other common claims that we have helped with include defective product claims. When you purchase an appliance, a drug or anything else, you expect that product to be safe and not be the reason you suffered an injury. When you are injured in a car accident on California roadways or you have purchased a product that caused you physical harm, you can count on us to fight for you. Some of the other types of injuries we can help with include:
- Traumatic brain injuries – caused by car crashes, bicycle accidents, motorcycle collisions, falling objects, slip & falls.
- Wrongful death claims – when you suffer the loss of a loved one because of someone’s negligence, a faulty product, a work-related accident or dangerous conditions of property both private and public
- Medical malpractice claims – improper surgical procedures, bad or lack of diagnosis or faulty treatment
- Brain and spinal cord claims – suffering an injury related to bad safety equipment, falls or other accidents that result in traumatic brain injury
- Bicycle accident – suffering an injury because of the negligence of a motorist or a bicycle manufacturer who produced a defective product
- Dog bites – suffering an injury when attacked by a dog regardless of the animal’s prior history
- Slip/trip & falls – suffering an injury because of spilled liquid, raised edge, black ice, sub-standard steps, absence of railings, inadequate lighting
These are some of the types of cases where we can help make sure your rights are protected whether it means fighting back against an insurance company or holding someone financially accountable for your injuries or your loss.
Financial Recovery in Personal Injury Cases
When you suffer an injury you are facing steep medical costs. You are more than likely facing extended periods of time without working and there is little doubt you are in pain. Personal injury recoveries can help you recover the financial losses you suffer along with additional compensation for pain and suffering. Every case is different and while there is no guarantee of recovery, without a personal injury attorney fighting your case, there is no chance of recovering financially.
When you are suffering because someone else was negligent, contact Rickard and Coates, attorneys with Habbas & Associates, at 916-581-2588. Your initial consultation is free and you will not pay any fee if we are not successful in securing a monetary award.